Wednesday, September 20, 2023

SHEET, YES!

SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) would tell you there's nothing new about it.

But various and sundry cooking newspaper columnists, web pages, t.v. food shows and what not seem to think it's an idea whose time has come.

I'm talking here about Sheet Pan meals.

It's where the main course and all the side dishes are cooked all together spread out on the trusty sheet pan, protected with a sheet of foil.

Like this.


That's pieces of chicken breast coated with barbecue sauce, potatoes, mini sweet peppers, sliced carrots and onions liberally spiced and headed for a hot oven.


And here's the "after" picture.

Scorched to perfection and mouth-wateringly good.

All hail the mighty sheet pan!

16 comments:

  1. John makes those sometimes and they are scrumptious. I would definitely help you eat that pan meal. No sheet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! And looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tc Cambria.....we can also smell that good aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing, but use a silicone baking mat instead of foil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a great idea and very similar to what I did last night, I had chicken wings, pumpkin and carrots on a smaller pan and roasted the whole lot at once with just a small pan of gravy cooked on the stove. Much quicker and easier than using separate pots for this or that and then having to wash them all after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont get it, been using oven for years. So what makes this "method" so good? Is it the pan, temp or the prep? DEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEE, to me it's the one-pan cleanup, more than anything. See River's comment above. But SWMBO says the main thing to her is that the chicken (or whatever meat) and the sides all go in and come out together at the same time.

      Delete
  8. Sheet! That looks so good. I do something similar with pork medallions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good idea..and saves work, especially if you are busy having a baking session

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed that you can fit all these together but also keep them separate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, will you two adopt me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fun to do. I haven't done one in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks. yummy! We make roasted veggies, but never thought about adding some chicken for Roger. Next time!

    ReplyDelete