Friday, September 22, 2023

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

It's been quite a week around here.

Judy's knee is so bad that she can't put hardly any weight on it so I've been hauling her wheelchair in and out of the car as we make our way to various doctor appointments.

She has to get surgery clearances from a couple of medicos before the orthopaedic surgeon will even schedule her knee replacement.

Suffice it to say that I've been getting a workout even though she tries to insist on doing "stuff" in spite of her bone on bone pain.

But never let it be said that will keep me from my weekly appointed task - trying to make YOU laugh.

This week, once again, we're doing an almost totally cartoon-free edition as the words are speaking louder than pictures in the old humor bank,.

So, brace yourselves for some not-so-heavy reading.



























Hey, how did those guys get in here?

Oh, that's right, they're Trekkies.

I guess they just beamed in.

Well that's it for another week, Good Friends and Gentle Readers.

Now try your ding-dang-darndest to have a great weekend.

And always remember to keep laughing!

You know, even the mighty oak was once a nut like you.

Here, kitty-kitty . . .

( . . oh joy.   Not.  )

16 comments:

  1. I am perfectly whelmed by this post! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us laughing even in the middle of your horrible week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your post, I said to myself, "I need some laughs this morning!" Thanks so much!
    Hope Judy gets relief from her knee pain soon. I had 2 friends get knee surgery this past year and they are both thrilled with the results. Their advice is to do the physical therapy before and after surgery as it makes a huge difference with recovery. Good luck, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good laughs today. Thank you so much for that. Hope all goes well there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I understand the bone-on-bone thing. Also unfortunately, it's just about the least of my present worries. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Judy get's cleared for the surgery soon, if she isn't getting up and moving around much, consider some compression socks.
    And thank's for the Friday laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laughs this morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not so sure about the Hobby Lobby one. I don't like to be distracted when I'm in there. And there's certainly no alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That "short people" one is a little close to home if you know what I mean. The masseuse one made me laugh.
    Take good care of Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the funnies help Judy a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Judy! That sounds miserable. Watch your back with that wheelchair. John has tweaked his several times when transporting his mother or sister anywhere. I don't shop at Hobby Lobby but I enjoyed the others, especially the door one because I've done that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hobby Lobby made me laugh out loud. From another gimpy knee person, my sympathies are with your Judy. I will be quite interested to see how knee replacement works out for her. I can't really think about it at the moment, but maybe I'll get the ball rolling on things later on this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The childhood memory was a bit close to home, and push to open made me laugh!
    I hope that Judy gets some help with her knee soon. I had a half knee replacement about 12 years ago, and it has been fine since, but the other knee is problematic now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the funnies, but so sorry to hear Judy is in pain. Hopefully that will all be fixed very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry about Judy, but thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete