Thursday, December 21, 2023

NEARING - PARTE NOVE

 You may notice that I am no longer using the word "countdown" in my derisory "Countdown to Christmas" . . .

Oh drat, there I did it again.

Oh well, call it a "countdown" or, what it actually is, a "count-up" and I'll just stand on the sidelines and watch the fun.

Because fun, you see, is what this is all about.

Or removing the first comma makes that sentence even more meaningful.

Because "fun you see" is really what this is about.

And now that I've nattered for way too long, here it is.


11 comments:

  1. "Good" is in the eye of the beholder? All I know is that I need to start thinking about baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He even wore a blazer to see Santa in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tc-That kid's got some 'splaining" to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a jolly post! Thank you so much! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good must absolutely be defined. Do good thoughts count? If good deeds are done only to please Santa are they still good or "good under duress"? If you think of doing something bad but don't, does that count as being good?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a few more days to go, whether you count up or down or not at all. Keep on enjoying the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Counting up or down, that's funny! I remember rationalizing good in my mind before writing my long list when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete