Wednesday, December 20, 2023

DA DUM, DA DUM - PARTE OTTO

In our continuing program of Education for the Elderly it has been pointed out to me that a "countdown" means that the numbers are reduced each day.

i.e. (id est, for you Latin lovers) 5-4-3-2-1.

Whereas while I have been referring to my absurd ticking off the days until Christmas arrives as a "countdown", I actually have been increasing the number of days left each day.

So what I have been doing is NOT a "countdown".

It is, in reality, a "count-up".

I shall not identify the pedantic chap who pointed this out to me to save him from being slurred, threatened and perhaps stoned in public.

And besides, I should get points for doing my "count" in Italian.

Ergo, we shall point out that today is Day Eight in my CountUp to Christmas and here's your daily dash of drollery.


13 comments:

  1. Donner went to the Donner Party. It didn't end well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know so many people who do Door Dash. I would hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! I'd do Door Dash if a reindeer delivered it! Of course, they'd never come this far out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh deer. Comet's scrubbing the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vixen asked Rudolph if she could borrow his red light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did notice you weren't doing a countdown, but I'm enjoying the Italian. That works fine for me. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another reindeer is called Vixen. She's a very foxy lady and will be hanging about a certain street corner in Prescott Valley, waiting for one of her octogenarian regulars to drive up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking of your count-up as more like an advent calendar where we open the windows from 1 to 24.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny how we can do things and then find out that they are exactly backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the new "job" ideas for the reindeer that all your guests have thought up.

    ReplyDelete