Friday, March 15, 2024

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

 Yesterday was PI Day.

You know, 3.14 yada, yada, yada.

I read somewhere that a man in India memorized Pi through 70,000 decimal points.

I'd say he had too much time on his hands.

But then, of course, I read it on the Interwebs and you know you can't believe anything there.

At any rate, we finished Judy's delicious Lemon Sponge Pie the night before last so I didn't even get any pie on Pi Day.

Oh well, Sunday is St. Patrick's Day and I'm holding onto a recipe for Guiness Cake but I'm not sure if I'll make it.

All of these holidays can get wearing, you know, especially for we retirees.

I mean we don't even get a day off!

So, it's back to work to present to you this week's drollery.






















And that's all I can do to improve your moods, Gentle Readers.

Now venture forth (or stay in your recliner) and try your darndest to have a mind-numbingly fine weekend.

And always remember to keep laughing.

Here, kitty-kitty . . .


23 comments:

  1. That was a stellar line up! Umbrella-ha! Will forward on to the masses! I thought they would all be leprachaun jokes . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Fridays! The cat lesson is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, we needed that. Have fun this weekend, or weekday, or what ever they are all the same these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Bruce. Every Friday I look forward to and always enjoy these "Funnies". When they were late last week, I was worried about you----Please don't alarm me again! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for these Friday Funnies. We laughed and laughed. The best way to start the day. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee with "Baileys" was pretty funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first funny gave me a good laugh. So true. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baileys-ha! Not living in a super cold climate means that we don't have as many of those "blooming flowers." Thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really GREAT batch this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I am a dumb limey, I got them all - apart from the hyphenated one. Please explain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The word "hyphenated" is not while the word "non-hyphenated" is. See?

      Delete
    2. Oh! Now I get it! How could I be so dumb?

      Delete
  11. I'm still laughing at the last three, especially the Abu Dhabi Do. Again, thank you so much for doing this each week. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every Friday I look forward to your post,such an enjoyable treat,thanks,Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each Friday I look forward to your post,thanks again for making me smile,Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would definitely be my family crest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Dubai cartoon is pretty sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the family crest! And the latest vaccine! My two favorites this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Synonym Rolls and a Thesaurus, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I will think of this when I see strawberry preserves! Though it did give me a snort in the middle of my smile at the fallen tree.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK, I might actually finally get lay/lie right now!

    ReplyDelete