Saturday, March 16, 2024

SPICE BUNDT CAKE

 I tried a new recipe yesterday and it was only a partial success.




It's a Spice Bundt Cake.

I didn't do a good job of preparing my bundt pan so I had a dickens of a time getting it out, even after it was completely cool.

Some of the top and sides came off but the glaze would cover that , right?

Except that I didn't get the glaze thin enough and instead of running artfully down the sides of the cake, it just kind of glopped onto the top.

I took this next picture with the flash on my camera so you could better see the consistency of the interior of the cake.




'Course then you can see the glaze (more like frosting) piled on the top.

As you can see, artful it ain't.

But it tastes pretty darned good, especially this morning after resting and mellowing a bit during the night.

Every time I do something in the kitchen I learn a little bit more.

Now if I can just live to 150!

16 comments:

  1. I'd much rather have the glaze gloppy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still looks mighty tasty to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer thicker frosting so that looks yummy to me! My late husband's favorite cake was spice cake, so I used to make it for him sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art and taste are sometimes not the same. I'll take taste, and this looks damn tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanna set up an old boys, bake off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear your kitchen experience would overwhelm me.

      Delete
  6. The more thick the glaze all the better! Looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say that the next one would be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks good enough to eat. Besides, what kind of psycho would complain about gloppy frosting? More to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks fine, and as long as it tastes good it was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks perfectly fine to me and it's edible, you can't ask for more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your dedicated heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it tastes good, that's the important thing!! Looks like snow on top rather than icing. That's fine 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks wonderful, and I love the thick glaze,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious to me! I'd be happy to eat that.

    ReplyDelete