Saturday, November 7, 2009

Autumnal Beauty

So, okay. My last trip north to see the fall colors was a failure. But that was several weeks ago. Friday we went to Flagstaff to visit a friend. Saturday morning we came back down Oak Creek Canyon. (As I have said before, it is a place of great beauty on the earth.) And this time we got lucky. The colors were magnificent.

Doesn't this shot, with its apples for sale, look like New England. (I've never been there but I have a very good imagination.)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a really nice area. The wife of Fred Krauss, who owns and operates the Oak Creek Brewery, is from the hamlet we live in. He worked for the military here, as I once did, before moving to Sedona and on to bigger things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a truly beautiful area though seemingly overrun by tourists most of the year. Of course, I guess that's what we were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some beautiful golds! Did you purchase any apples? Or Cider?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, we had plenty of apples at home. SWMBO has made a huge batch of applesauce with red hots! Yum!

    ReplyDelete