Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WHY BOTHER?

Hooray!  I got a check in the mail today.  It was my share of the settlement in the lawsuit of Brice Yingling d/b/a Alamo Auto Sports and Andy Scott vs. eBay, Inc.

Before I go any further let me say that I have no idea who Brice Yingling, Alamo Auto Sports or Andy Scott are.  I do know who eBay is, though, and I used to sell books there.  According to the letter accompanying the check my payment was calculated on fees I paid between April 21, 2005 and August 26, 2009. 

I do remember selling some old auto magazines on eBay and it probably was during that time period.

At any rate, I'm glad it's finally over.  Here's my check amount:


Just in case you can't figure that out, here is the amount in the corner of the check.


You've got it - nine cents. 

I got a check for nine cents.

In the mail.

In an envelope with a "First-Class Mail, Presorted" designation printed on it. 

According to the GOOGLE, that cost 39 cents.

To send me a nine cent check.

What a country!!!

9 comments:

  1. I suppose if the USPS raised postage a dime to help with their $billion deficit, then you'd be sending ebay a penny.

    As my dad used to say, "Don't spend it all in one place." ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that the next round of beers is on you, but that would just be mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott - I'm going to frame the check!

    Stephen - If you're in the neighborhood, the next round is on me. But then, it's your turn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruce, I'm sure you deserve every cent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm... I can't... words fail me… so I guess I’ll just say Congratulations on your spectacular windfall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Now you have to drive to the bank which will cost more than nine cents in gas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walmart would give you a bill for 2 dollars 91 cents to cash it!

    ReplyDelete