Friday, September 13, 2013

DID NOT! DID TOO!

I was reading an article in the Prescott (Arizona) Daily Courier announcing that a new Sprouts store was coming soon to Prescott Valley.  For those of you who don't know, Sprouts is a food store with many organic products and sort of like a Trader Joe's.  It's a small chain based in Phoenix.

Well!  You wouldn't believe how many people commented on this story on-line and the vehemence in their arguments.

"Who needs another grocery store?"



"It's just like Trader Joe's."



"Good!  No more trips to Trader Joe's."



"Oh, great.  Another yuppie store with high prices."



"You'd be surprised.  Their prices are lower than many stores."



"How about hearing from someone who doesn't already work at Sprouts."



"Why are you so negative?"


These aren't exact quotes but they give you an idea of what went on.  It's a small town mentality, or at least I used to think so.  I guess now it's an Internet mentality.  From what I've heard, Twitter is even worse.

But it did give me an opportunity to offer up this great skit from the Monty Python group.

9 comments:

  1. Great skit. Thanks for the morning laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat sprouts and I don't want any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious skit. I hadn't seen it before. It is so appropriate to the various comments on the Sprouts article. Shall we all line up at 10 paces with rotten tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was hilarious! I'd never seen it before either :)

    Around here we have Whole Foods to go to for sprouts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I miss Monty Python! They were unique.
    What a great new photo as your header - is that you, Bruce, smelling the flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, it is I, in an earlier, younger, lighter body with more hair and more beard.

      Delete
  6. The age of snark arrived with the comments section of internet postings eh?
    Good bit. The Pythons are timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for the Prescott area! I don't think Sprouts and Trader Joes are that much alike. The area should be happy that the economy will hopefully be able to support both.

    ReplyDelete