Sunday, June 4, 2017

MOVING BRUISES

So we hired professional movers.

And they were pretty darned good.

But it turned out that I moved a lot of stuff on my own.

And at my age (middle late 70's) it turns out that my body doesn't react the way it did 40 years ago.


As I said to Judy (the vaunted SWMBO), I don't remember getting bruises like this when we moved in the past.

She said something rude like "you ain't the young guy I married, lo, those many years ago."

And I'm not.

Because of atrial fibrillation, and a pacemaker/defibrillator, and cholesterol and whatever problems my heart has decided to have (through ABSOLUTELY no fault of my own), I'm on blood thinners, as well as a number of other drugs.

And the blood thinners alone result in splotches like this from the nearest touch.


There's not any real pain, other than the pain of not being the movie-idol leading man of my youth.

But they sure leave their mark.

But don't cry for me, Argentina.

This, too, shall pass.

And maybe I can someday get back to taking photos of visitors to our birdbath once again.


12 comments:

  1. Ouch!!
    I figure we have reached the age where jobs like this should only involve pointing, directing, and tipping young people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a bruiser! It's worse when you have some horrible bruise and have NO IDEA how you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to have begin calling you Bruise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youch! If you didn't notice when it happened, though, maybe it doesn't hurt too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that as I age I'm starting to bruise like old fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure most of us would be just fine if various parts of our bodies weren't so rebellious. My husband often used a mesh sleeve over his arms to protect his skin, but still we do seem to become more fragile with age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Signs that you should take it easy Bruce, but you sure know it already...
    Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had my share of bruises when I moved, even with a professional doing half the job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know you were an "a-fib" guy! Me too. I used to take blood thinners too but two years ago, I had ablation surgery and I haven't had an a-fib incident since. (knock on wood) I remember getting bruises just like those and half the time I had no idea what I did that caused them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say, no bruising, no bleeding- doesn't count. Yours counts.

    ReplyDelete