Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gawd bless Thanksgiving!

This is the greatest holiday in the world.

No gifts.

No valentines.

No drinking green beer.

No anything.

Except celebrating the wonderfulness of food.

Of eating to excess.

I love Thanksgiving.

In preparation of which, I whipped up a pumpkin cobbler this afternoon.

See it?

Smell it?

Taste it?
We sampled it tonight.

It was wonderful.

See that picture up above?

It's not my cobbler.

I stole it from the Internet(s).

But trust me.

My cobbler was delicious.

Gobble, gobble.

Cobble, cobble.

7 comments:

  1. You can bring me a pumpkin cobbler anytime. Sounds absolutely yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey if you are spreading pumpkin cobbler around... I'd love to try it!

    Hope you and yours have a great turkey day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GJ and Tombo - Sorrrrrreeeeee! Now the truth: it was a mix. Came from Costco, I believe, in a box that made two of them. But it made the house fragrant for hours and still tasted great.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't get over how you use pumpkin as a sweet! Our favourite is to roast it, & have it with gravy & roast pork!
    Or as soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite with pumpkin is not to eat the stuff at all !! HaHa .
    Meggie we had pumpkin pie as a sweet too ?? Don't you remember ??To me it was as bad as when presented as a savoury pie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to work quite hard on a pumpkin to give it any taste at all, sweet or savoury, but it can be done, and the colour's always gorgeous!

    Happy Thanksgiving Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meggie, Henri and Lucy - Well, now, you all must have had different pumpkins than I had. :) I have always loved pumpkin pie with whipped cream (maybe the cream even more than the pie!). With the addition of sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg that dour pumpkin becomes sweet and palatable. Incidentally, is a pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable? Here is the answer.

    ReplyDelete