Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Oh it's that day again.

As always the leprechauns have been out painting a shamrock in a P-town intersection.

Actually, the leprechauns come from this nearby establishment.

The folks at Murphy's bar and restaurant tend to celebrate St. Paddy's Day in a big way every year. But they have some competition now from another Irish pub and restaurant.

The folks here intend to get into the day early.

And after one or two of those 60 ounce pitchers of Killians, the flag out front may look more like this.

Happy St. Patrick's Day and . . . take a cab home from the pub!

6 comments:

  1. Right back atya, my fair colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never could take a green beer. A good dark bock is more to my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Steve, although I did stop into Murphy's today and had a Killian's Irish Red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would be uncomfortable drinking anything that has "kill" and "red" in it's name.

    I"ll just take a shot of whiskey please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. M.I. - Actually it was pretty good. Not as strong as a Guinness, which is a bit on the heavy side for me. Murphy's also makes a very good Irish coffee.

    ReplyDelete