Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kickin' the ball around

Oh, all right. Steve has been goading me into this posting so here goes.

The New Orleans Saints were better than the Arizona Cardinals yesterday. Quite a bit better. The Cards lost a couple of key players in the first quarter and, frankly, I think their defense was still tired from that great game last weekend with the Packers. So, the Cardinals are done for the season. Kurt Warner took a vicious (though clean) hit and suffered a chest injury although he did come back in the second half. And he did pass for over 200 yards though only two touchdowns. Whether he will announce his retirement soon is still a question in Arizona.

I was a bit more pleased today to see Brett Favre and the Minnesota Vikings manhandle the Dallas Cowboys. And the Indianapolis Colts did secure a victory over the Baltimore Ravens.

So, Steve, there you go. I think that's all I've got to say. (sniff, sniff)

2 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle, not because your team lost. My team, The Raiders, haven't had a winning season since I was a teenager. Well, perhaps not that long ago, but they need some help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a longtime (and former) Brooklyn Dodgers fan, I learned the phrase "Wait'll next year!"

    ReplyDelete