Thursday, February 3, 2011

Madness this way comes

I was listening to NPR this afternoon while I was driving home from running some errands.  A producer of television commercials was being interviewed about his craft.  He said an average commercial during the Super Bowl can cost one million dollars to produce.  But, he said, that's not bad because the television audience for the big game is around 100 million people, in the U.S. alone.  I think the commercials are the best part of the telecast and I've heard of people who tape them during the game so they can watch them over and over.  For example, thanks to YouTube, here are somebody's 10 best commercials from Super Bowl 42 in 2008.



This year the Pittsburgh Steelers will play the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl on Sunday.  I'll probably watch . . for the commercials . . but I'll have a hard time forgetting a friend of mine who sent me his picture today as he prepared for the big game.  Apparently he's a fan of Green Bay, whose loyalists are known as . . . . . cheeseheads.


May the best team win.

2 comments:

  1. That was great fun - I remember most of those commercials. I think their number one was exactly correct.

    As my dad would say, I don't have a horse in this race, but I think I'll pull for the cheeseheads because we hates the Steelers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never quite believe how passionate sports fans can get!!

    ReplyDelete