Monday, February 6, 2012

THE $$$$$ MAN

You're just going to have to bear with me here.  I know this is silly but it shows where a man's mind goes when he gets old and begins approaching senility.

Anyway, I was thinking the other day about the leading Republican candidate for President.


That's right!  The warm and cuddly Mitt Romney.  As I stared at his name a strange thing began to happen in my mind.  First, I thought, let's delete the first letter of his last name.


That leaves us with just "omney".  You may be beginning to get my drift.

Now let's reverse the position of those first two letters.


And what do we end up with?  Why the overriding principle for his campaign.


That would seem to indicate some type of internal psychic coding.  Since Magnificent Mittens has been shown to be far and away the richest of the candidates, since he shows little understanding of economic reality ("I make some money from public speaking . . . not much."  Well over 300 thousand dollars last year!), since he shows an incredibly tin ear ("I like to fire people" and "I'm not concerned about the poor.") and, as New York Times columnist Gail Collins frequently reminds us, he once drove to Canada with the family's dog strapped to the roof of his car . . . that coded and disguised word MONEY hidden in his name tells us everything we need to know about him.

But at least he's not as bad as Nasty Newt or as loopy as Dr. Ron "Goldbug" Paul.

Leastwise, we don't think he is.   Yet.

10 comments:

  1. Done in the best production tradition of Tim Russert.
    And did you realize that if you take the second or third letter out of Ron Paul's name you have the secret hidden code of RN Pal --true for a doctor eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, oh, I'm hearing the theme from Twilight Zone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing you decode this name gave me the shivers, like reading the Da Vinci Code.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rod Serling lives! I love this!

    Reminds me of faith healer Oral Roberts TV production company...."CONTACT". When the T became an oversized Christian cross, the letters on either side spelled "CON ACT". ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh excellent politics lesson! And LOL at Con Act - I hadn't heard that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an outsider, I stare in horror! I suppose his magic underwear will see him right through to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scott - Love the Oral Roberts story. The BRD lived in Tulsa for many years and once took us by the campus of ORU. There's a huge statue of praying hands. She said at the end of his sermons, he'd hit a button and one of the hands would slowly come down toward the audience, palm up! I THINK she was joking.

    And leave it to Meggie to cut to the chase! Good one, Meg!

    ReplyDelete