Tuesday, June 19, 2012

HOT


Tomorrow is the first day of summer but the weather has already heated up here in Arizona.  It's in the mid to upper 90's here but we're in the mountains at over five thousand feet.  Down in the desert (not much of that left) of Phoenix and Tucson, it's approaching 110 daily.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Bring on the monsoon.  There already has been one haboob (dust storm) in Phoenix.  That usually means the summer rains are not far behind.

(By the way, I swiped the picture from the National Weather Service.  Thanks, guys and gals.)

9 comments:

  1. Looks bloody hot. Got a bit warm here today at last, I'm still wearing socks though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreading this summer, just like I dread every summer. If anything I'm becoming less heat tolerant with every passing year.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea Arizona had monsoons until our son moved there and he sent pictures of the driving rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for air conditioning indeed. I can't imagine living without it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look hot. Sunny today here in the UK, but not hot - we haven't had great weather so far this year, so I'm hoping it looks up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today is winter solstice down under. Here at 46 degrees south you wouldn't know it, though - the temperature is about 12 degrees Celcius (54 degrees Fahrenheit), sunny and the air is filled with birdsong. I wouldn't be dead for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is my least favorite time of year - I hate melting as I head out to my car after work. And today I'd like to run to the grocery store during lunch, but it's just not worth the effort. Ugh. (Remind me of this next winter when I complain about the snow - ha!).

    ReplyDelete