Wednesday, July 11, 2012

UNBELIEVABLE!

Oh I bet you've all been worried about me since my Monday post, right?  Well, I'm okay.  Except that I ran my foot into a leg of my bed this morning and split the end of my little toe open.  I'm so used to running into things that I didn't think anything of it.

UNTIL!  As I was walking around in the kitchen I suddenly looked down and saw spots of blood all over the floor.  Oh, hell!  But I put a bandaid on my toe, cleaned up the floor and SWMBO never knew anything about it.  Until I told her later.  So it goes in the life of the old and clumsy Catalyst.

But there's better news.  At late afternoon I passed an electronic sign and was amazed to see this.


Oh, not that, you idiot.  The next one.


Can you believe that?  Nearly 5 o'clock in the afternoon and only 73 degrees.  That's California coastal weather!  Amazing.

But even more amazing was the sight just a few hundred feet away that SWMBO called my attention to.


That my friends is a double century plant, rising perhaps 25 or 30 feet into the air.  Since they reportedly bloom only once in about 100 years, that's pretty darned amazing.


All hail the plant of the century!

5 comments:

  1. A few nice and "cool" distractions to speed up the recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice plant. I've banged a toe on ocassion. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I hate it when that happens.
    We had such a nice afternoon rain yesterday, I'm hoping for a repeat.

    That century plant is pretty amazing. I'm glad you got some pictures of it in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your toe. I grew up with a century plant in the backyard and never saw it flower. Thanks for showing me what I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Glad the surgery went well anyway, take care.

    ReplyDelete