Friday, November 8, 2013

WELL SHOD . . AND FRIDAY FUNNIES

In yesterday's post I told you about a noontime free concert my lovely spouse and I attended at the Mesa Arts Center.  But the excellent music wasn't the only thing I noticed.  There were quite a few ladies there wearing quite sporty footwear.  Like these.


But as I learned and you are soon to, the principle featured pair of shoes were these very high heels worn by Shawn Lawson.


Ms. Lawson, it turns out, is the Volunteers/Festivals Director for MCA.  And she has quite a story to tell.

These free noon concerts draw quite a crowd, you see, many of them senior gentlemen like myself.  And it turns out they have quite an eye for high heels and what it does for a lady's legs.  Shawn has an affinity for heels and soon, she told me, the men were taking notice and wondering what shoe she would wear each week.  And they gave her a nickname.  Spike!

She said now they're hurrying their wives along saying, "C'mon, let's go, we have to see what Spike is wearing this week!"

Ms. Lawson said this has given her one more thing to think about each week - which shoe to wear for the noon-time concert.  After all, there are all those Observant Old Men waiting anxiously.

That sounds a bit better than Dirty Old Men, doesn't it?

So . . . on to the Friday Funnies.

My friend, Diane, sent me a collection of photos of which I have chosen a handful of Cats That Are Not Good at Hide and Seek.






And a cartoon that may not be so funny after all.


And finally something else to ponder.


Keep smilin', folks, and have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Great post Bruce! I must admit I'm a ladies leg/foot fan myself. Very nice. And the rest were priceless, too. Say 'hey" to Spike for me. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that kitty in the corner pocket. It made my day. Take care and have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so you have a new assignment in life eh? Going around getting shots of women and their high heels. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are worse jobs. And I've done 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ask before shooting the feet or are they used to it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never really understood how women get their feet into shoes with heels like that. It seems a little like the opposite process of "foot binding" (but maybe for similar reasons) carried out on Japanese (or was it Chinese) women.

    Now the cat pictures......superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, I think it's to make their calves look more attractive.

      Delete
  7. I can't walk in shoes like that. Heck I can't even STAND in them. I guess I could sit around looking fancy :)

    LOVE the cat photos - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete