Sunday, February 2, 2014

A STRANGE CLOUD . . . AND CROSSING ABBEY ROAD

I had missed photographing the amazing clouds in the sky on Friday but noticing the sky late Saturday I ducked out with my camera. Here is what I found.




To the east from my location, this strange flat-bottomed cloud was hovering in an otherwise blue sky.  And down at one end it appeared to be dumping a hearty rain shower on the land.  (By the way, if you click on the photos they become larger for even better viewing.)

Now, then, there's a fabulous post by Sharon today on her blog Sharon's Sojourns about the famous Abbey Road street crossing. I loved it and it prompted me to seek out the webcam she mentions. You can find it here.  It's on a very busy street but every one who comes by has to walk across for photos or just to say they've done it.

6 comments:

  1. Nice photos. I'll check out the cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I christen thee "Pancake Cloud". Nice photo Bruce. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice view from your new place! I have seen some amazing sunsets lately but too many wires, poles and swamp coolers in the way to make a good picture from our place.
    Sharon will be so happy to see your links.
    I know what you mean about Granny J. I think of her often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It reminds me of the clouds those alien spaceships emerged from in "Independence Day."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the my site. That was one of the highlights of my trip. Now when I look at the site I can actually picture everything out of he camera range and feel like I know the place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cloud looks like the mother ship!

    ReplyDelete