Sunday, June 28, 2015

IF IT SITS ON A RITZ . . .

One of the strangest food trends has been the resurgence of pimento cheese. Really! It's back in popularity. I found a recipe at the New York Times Food page to make your own. I showed it to SWMBO who said she remembered pimento cheese from her childhood, said the recipe looked good and volunteered to make some.

She did. It was good and like the commercial says it sits on a Ritz cracker just fine.


Make your mouth water? Here is a link to the recipe. My personal chef tossed in a pinch of Cayenne pepper at the end to, as Emeril Lagasse would say, "kick it up a notch."

Enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. Yum! Coming from SWMBO's kitchen that would be a double yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this. When I was a kid I surprised everyone by liking pimento loaf lunch meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to buy that pimento cheese when I was a kid, in a little jar that became a juice glass once emptied. She also bought pimento loaf, but I gave it a wide berth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that does look good! I buy a small container of Price's pimento cheese spread every now and then and make myself a sandwich. I think it's a throw-back to my days in Junior High School. They used to have pimento cheese sandwiches on Roman Meal Bread and I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote down the recipe... I do remember the Pimento cheese from Price's Sharon is talking about...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always had pimento cheese growing up in the house in NC - and it's still there! My step-mother loves it too & buys a brand that's pretty spicy.

    ReplyDelete