Wednesday, June 24, 2015

ROCKIN' ROBIN

Here's what I want you to do. Turn up your audio and take a time travel trip back to the days of your youth. You'll see some familiar faces in the video, though much different than they are today.


And why, you might ask, did I ask you to take that journey with me?

Simple, (he said.)

I had a new visitor at the bird bath outside my window the other day.


The original rockin' robin.

Robins are famous for their wild and seemingly-frantic bathing in bird baths. But this fellow was content just to sit by the edge of the "pool" and take an occasional sip. Might have been too early for his swim.

5 comments:

  1. Great oldie! Still enjoy seeing the film too. As for your visitor, maybe he's just there to wet the whistle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathize; I don't like bathing when someone is aiming a camera on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the movie....that '55 was quite a car, it was used in 'Two Lane Blacktop' also, it had a big-block 454, and I've read it ran the quarter in the 10's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song, but now I think I pulled something...different kind of rockin for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song...I still remember all the words. (That's probably a sign of something. Ugh!)

    ReplyDelete