Thursday, November 19, 2015

THROWBACK THURSDAY - TAKE TWO

I don't usually do a second post on Throwback Thursday but when I do . . . .

I was looking at Facebook awhile ago and noticed a picture of an old television news producer friend of mine from years ago, Rocket Rod Haberer, coming out of a directors' meeting.

I commented that he was wearing a NECKTIE!

Rod wrote back that he wasn't sure he'd even know how to tie one these days.

My mind went PING! 

I remembered a thought I'd had as I was trying to go to sleep last night: I wasn't sure I even knew how to tie a necktie any more since it had been decades since I'd worn one.

I told SWMBO about this and she said I had one necktie left but she thought the last time I'd worn it was at my granddaughter's first wedding.

That was 19 years ago!

And then there's this: for some reason some of the lyrics to a song from my youth have been running through my head today.

(That's called an earworm, by the way.)

I hadn't thought of those word since I was a mere kid but I looked them up.

Listen . . . . and maybe YOU'LL get an earworm, too!


You're welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Gilbert, Guthrie, can't remember the other two. The original folk/protest group. They wouldn't be too happy with the world today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be interesting to know what triggered the memory of that song, which I barely recall and which I've always considered to be a non sense song. Didn't care for the Weavers, despite their fame and impact on the folk movement.
    I still have a few ties, but rarely wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know the George Jones version better around these parts.

    ReplyDelete