Wednesday, February 24, 2016

GOLDY

As I have written before, we have a variety of  birds that visit our bird bath just outside my den window.

A large number of them are the simple House Finches. The male of the species (I presume) is the most colorful with his rose to bright red breast.

The females are mostly bland grey with some brown or black markings.

But the most brightly-colored birds that visit are Goldfinches (I presume), with their intensely yellow breasts and throats.

But they are also one of the most nervous of the birds and it's hard to get a photo of them.

This is the best I could do recently.


Right now the tree above the birdbath is just bare branches but when it leafs out it will be much more difficult to spot birds perching in it.

I remember one evening in Guadalajara when we were sitting on the roof of an apartment building with friends enjoying a sunset cocktail when a flight of parrots (I presume) came swooping into some nearby trees.

Our friends told us that was a daily event at sunset.

(BTW, seems like there's a lot of damn presuming going on in this post!  While I enjoy watching the birds, I obviously ain't no ornithologist!)

6 comments:

  1. The goldfinch is the state bird of New Jersey, SEND THEM BACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have plenty of birds of all kinds, then our buddy the Brown Hawk stops in for a drink from the pond and usually hangs around for a while and the other birds beat it for parts unknown. The squirrels disappear too. It's kind of like when Danny Trejo shows up at a bar in a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know your birds I presume.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only recognize a handful of birds and wouldn't presume to match your knowledge of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for the government to arrest you just based on Vita Luminance whatever you were saying, if they didnt like it. Usually I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this article really forced me to do so! Thanks, really nice article. Awesome share! Thank you very much F*ckin' amazing things here. I am very glad to see your post. For more ==== >>>>>> http://ultimatemuscleblackeditionrev.com/vita-luminance-scam/

    ReplyDelete