Saturday, September 30, 2017

BLACK CATS

I was surprised the other day as I was sitting at my desk to look up and see Blackwell not only outside but walking along the wall at the back of our property.

I was alarmed because he is not allowed to go outside and we have to be careful around open doors because he is nevertheless known as our Escape Cat.

But then as I was about to rush outside to try to retrieve him I got a better look.

It wasn't Blackwell but a visitor we had not seen before with longer hair.

I called to him and he stopped and gazed at me for a moment as I got one blurry picture shot through a screen window.


I think regular readers of this blog will see the resemblance to Blackwell but he was right behind me, enjoying a patch of sunlight.


Since I've been opening my window and putting up the shade he is either up on the shelf behind my computer monitor helping to monitor the birdbath or, when the sun shines in, enjoying the "warm spot" on the floor.

8 comments:

  1. When I saw the title of the post, thought it might be something about the IWW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look alike, to the untrained eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the life! Keep following the sun all around the house all day. He must be retired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand your alarm. Since you have a black Escape Cat, that's what one would assume when seeing a black cat outside the window. Not a stray cat come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How alarming! Glad Blackwell was indoors as he was supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know Blackwell was safe and sound basking in his sunspot. Also good to know other critters drop by from time to time for a quick visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always count on cats to enjoy a sun puddle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Animals are funny, how they always gravitate to sunlight!

    ReplyDelete