Tuesday, November 21, 2017

VISITORS

The bird bath just outside my window gets a wide variety of visitors.

The other day SWMBO said she watched a woodpecker cling to the tree next to it and lean over to drink.

But more often it's house finches and the likes of these.


This one was perched on the edge while his or her mate patrolled the grounds below for edible bugs.


My apologies for the quality of the photos above.

Part of it is spots and smears left on the glass by Blackwell's explorations.

Speaking of which, take a look at this beauty.


That's a big fluffy visitor I call Old Yellow.

She stands on the blue cat's back to reach the water and sometimes drinks long and longer

When she gets down, if I tap on the window, she turns and stares at me.

The other day I decided to see if she'd run if I stepped outside.

In fact she stayed, let me pet her and rolled and rolled, exposing her furry white belly for a tentative scratch.

She is definitely a domesticated cat.

If I get another chance I'll have to take my camera with me.

12 comments:

  1. Those birds are welcome company. So is the kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thinking of getting a cat...living in the canyon is nice, especially for field mice. My luck we'd get a cat that wouldn't mouse or would bring them live into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, all cats that are outside are referred to as 'Coyote Lunch' in these parts. Do you still have the light bulb inside the bird bath to keep it warm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cat is really...um...FLUFFY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember the blue cat being so close to the birdbath. Has he moved?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you know how it is with blue cats. They move about.

      Delete
  6. You are getting an interesting group of visitors at your bird bath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One big fur ball.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first picture is almost like a watercolor painting.

    ReplyDelete