Saturday, December 2, 2017

JUST DROPPING IN

On this sunny Saturday as the world prepares for tonight's viewing of the Supermoon, a look at some critters who dropped by our yard.


Old Yellow sat next to my chair and contemplated a turtle that never moved.

Then after a couple of pats and a scratch behind the ears, he rolled over to show his white belly.


That is one domesticated cat!

Less domestic but just as handsome is the Mountain Jay at the birdbath.


That's quite a beard he is so proud of.

Maybe he's getting ready to play Santa Claus.

Preparing for Supermoon, I snapped this photo last night.


It was almost full as it shone through the tree branches.

And finally, a colorful sunset shot I took recently.


It's kind of amazing what you can find right around home.

8 comments:

  1. That is one very friendly cat. I think he likes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some cat. Do your cats smell him on you?

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they do, they don't seem to be bothered by him.

      Delete
  3. Ooh! I want to bury my fingers in that fluffy cat's fur. Thanks for the Super Moon reminder, I'd forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm going out on a limb and I might be wrong, but that kitty looks rather tame to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a moment there, I thought it was the turtle that rolled over and showed off its white belly......then the next photo appeared. And on the subject of 'white', wishing you both the very best of Christmases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, that is a seriously fluffy cat! Seems like a lot of hair for Arizona!

    ReplyDelete