Saturday, December 23, 2017

PHOTO MANIPULATION

SWMBO called my attention to something in the back yard the other day.

The tree that stands there had finally lost nearly all of its leaves and the afternoon sun was casting a shadow of the tree on the concrete block wall at the rear of our property.

I took a photograph of it.


It was somewhat striking but then I wanted to crop it down to show just the wall and I found some enhancement techniques available in the photo editing suite.

So I tried this one.


That sort of cast a bluish hue over it and emphasized the shadows a bit more.

Then there was another filter called for whatever reason by the name "Zeke".


This one really changes the look of the photo, adding a golden tint but also a certain graininess.

I can't decide which I like better.

What's your favorite?

11 comments:

  1. I think you ended up with a dusk shot and a dawn shot. Pretty cool. Love those little Mexican suns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original is my favorite, second would be the last one -- Zeke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like the original with a crop at top and bottom as you did on the color enhanced frames.
    What is most amazing to me is how those sun faces are aligned with branches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I'm retired, retired. I need to learn how to entertain myself like you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a picture the other day of you and your dog in front of the fire. Looks like you're well on your way.

      Delete
  5. Isn't if fun to make those fun edits? I like the dark one. It looks like shadows by moonlight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the bluish one! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In all of them, I like the way it seems the suns are growing on the tree. Merry Christmas to you and SWMBO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the unedited shot. It's a nice picture and doesn't need enhancement at all. I also like the un-cropped view because the cropped view doesn't give me a horizon, something that I can use to orient myself in it. I need that.

    ReplyDelete