Monday, January 22, 2018

MONDAY MOANING

After some critiques of my profile picture over there on the right of this page I have tweaked it in my photo program and got it down to what you see now.

Better, I think.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

As of this writing, in Washington, D.C. 81 U.S. Senators have voted to re-open the government.

Since they only needed 60 votes, everyone should be back to work by tomorrow at the latest.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

The new banner photo at the top of this page is of a sandstone rock formation in far northern Arizona named "The Wave" because of the undulating forms created by erosion from rainwater and wind.

I've not seen it in person and I'm quite sure I never shall since it is reputed to be difficult to reach for hikers and a very limited number of permits to visit it are issued for each day.

I found the picture courtesy of The All-Knowing Google.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Our bird bath has a small light bulb underneath it to keep the water from freezing when the temperature drops.

But there's a loose connection somewhere in the set-up and the bulb sometime goes out.

That happened last night some time and the water was frozen solid this morning.

I propped the basin in some sunlight and after a time the ice loosened enough for me to get it out.

The basin is now refilled with fresh water and ready for business once again.

And with that, I hope everyone is happy.

Even if it is Monday.

10 comments:

  1. Both photos are super.


    Steve in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised it is so cold there to freeze the birdbath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, we're in the central highlands at 5,000 feet. The overnight low was 18 degrees F. It's 45 now though (at 2:55 p.m.)

      Delete
  3. I've been to Kanab UT where this is located. Amazing landscapes. What a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puh, leeze! The Visitor Center is located in Kanab, Utah, but the Wave is in Arizona, below the Utah border.

      Delete
  4. Hopefully the birds are happy with fresh water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have The Wave as a screen-saver! Which I didn't steal here, but came with my computer stuff. I like your profile picture, and won't steal it for a screen-saver, because that would be kind of creepy. The act. Not your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent new profile pic. Did you get the light bulb connection fixed? If not, you'll be chipping ice off the bird bath all winter. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if you had make that hike to see the wave. I'd love to do it but, I'm not sure I will for much the same reasons as you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That IS a dramatic photo! I thought maybe it was one of yours! I just empty our birdbath in the winter and don't set it up again until Spring. There's plenty of rain at this time of year so our local birds aren't lacking for water.

    ReplyDelete