Tuesday, April 17, 2018

POTPOURRI


That ought to wake you up and get you prepared for mailing off your 2017 tax return, if you haven't already done it.

I e-filed mine back in early February.

It's a pretty simple return and I haven't had to give the IRS any money for years.

One of the advantages of a retirement income.

* * * *

SWMBO had an ear ache yesterday, following a couple of days of a runny nose, apparently caused by spring allergies, which are rife here in the Central Highlands of Arizona.

So this is for her.


Actually, I think it's about over.

* * * *

On the political front, the best headline of yesterday came from the Stephen Colbert show: Hannity Insanity.


"Who, me?"

* * * *

And for all of you Gentle Readers who have grown fond of my birds-at-the-bird-bath pictures, let it be known that I have been bested not once but TWICE by my companions on the Great World Wide Web.

This morning it was Steve in London, who posted these amazing pictures from LONDON on his blog Shadows & Light.

And yesterday my friend Lori, who used to live down the street but now is across town since we moved, sent me this link to an eagle's nest in Decorah, Iowa where three eaglets have been born and are being raised by a pair of adults.

The live camera views are simply fascinating.

So I've been outdone, not once but twice in less than 24 hours and may have to retire my bird bath photography.

Oh well, I've still got my cats.

4 comments:

  1. Just hopped over to look at Steve's parrots. Wow! Think they escaped from their home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a nut. I'm with SWMBO on the allergy front - except for me it's my eyes that are the problem. Urgh - I'll be glad when the natural world quits being so fertile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've dealt with my taxes. Sooner as opposed to later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! That Good Morning coffee makes me need a tranquilizer! This retirement thing is a pretty good deal. Even though we lost a deduction due to Genius flying the coop, and cashed in a bunch of bonds that were overly matured...we still got a refund. I think paying those hefty health insurance premiums gave us the edge.

    ReplyDelete