Sunday, September 2, 2018

SPICY TOM


Do you know what that is?

I'll give you a hint.

The picture was taken on our rear patio yesterday evening as the sun was heading over the yardarm, so to speak.

Okay, I'll tell you.

The red orb was the tiniest but perfect little cherry tomato from our vine.

I'd say about half an inch in diameter.

Judy plucked it and handed it to me and I . . . .

. . . . dropped it into my glass of vodka and soda.


SWMBO has taught me to never eat fruit or vegetables without washing them first but after 20 minutes or so of floating in that concoction I figured it was clean and popped it into my mouth.

Wow!

I've always heard of how much better a freshly grown tomato is from the kind you buy in the grocery store but had never really noticed it myself.

But this little rascal exploded with wonderful spicy tomato flavor in my mouth.

I may have just invented a new version of the "martini with three olives".

8 comments:

  1. You journalists can apparently adapt to any circumstance, any situation. My hat's off, and the beverage looks much the better for the tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat the tomatoes from my garden without washing, since I know I haven’t sprayed anything nasty on them,

    My midget tomatoes have all the flavor of a beefsteak in a fruit small as a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely picture - I'm glad the tomato was good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying mine right from the plant lately too! Aren't they wonderful?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew it was a mini tomato right away, but I couldn't figure out why it was in ice water...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the concept. May have to test it with one of our little cherry tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I was thinking it looked like a tomato but I thought no, what would a tomato be doing surrounded by ice. Aha...a new martini has been invented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a new take on a drink!

    ReplyDelete