Tuesday, November 20, 2018

IT AIN'T "ARIZONA HIGHWAYS" BUT . . .

A view from my driveway yesterday.


The savannah down there across the road.

My fire captain neighbor says it's a flood plain.

But wait!

What are those dark spots?

Let's get closer.


Well, shades of the Old West!


My friend Montana Mike aka Should Fish More, of the blog Genial Misanthrope, would call them Steak on the Hoof!


This guy would probably say "Hey!  We're grazin' here!"

(This is what old retired guys do to pass the time of day.)

10 comments:

  1. I really like your cropped pic of the 'herd'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to the cropping. Love it when the herds are across from the library and the cowboys come on horses to round them up. Haven't heard too many moos from down our block this year. Our cattle dog is too blind and deaf to pay much attention to them anyway. Fun while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the old west out ther back east.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you the old geezer character in this cowboy movie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a magnificent view!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh the wide open spaces, if that was Jersey strip malls would spring up over night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd better not get caught walking around with a knife and fork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are there not normally cows out there? Whose land is it, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks a lot like the area I drive through when I leave my sister's house when I'm up there for a visit. I like to take that road because it's quiet and the scenery is so nice.

    ReplyDelete