Tuesday, April 9, 2019

BIOLOGY BLOG POST 101

Do you see those little seeds on the branches of the tree outside my window?


When I noticed them recently I said to SWMBO, "Ah the tree will be leafing out soon."

And a few days later I thought I had been proved correct.



She has since corrected me.

"Those are the flowers," she said, "and they will all fall off.  Then the leaves will come."

Gadfrey!  

Have they ever fallen off.



They nearly fill the bird bath every morning.


And they litter the outdoor carpeting and the doormat, waiting to be tracked into the house.

But soon, I am told by the Master Gardener, that blasted tree . . . whatever it is* . . . will be covered with nice green leaves.


*Maybe some of you other gardeners out there can tell us what kind of tree it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment