Tuesday, July 23, 2019

RAIN ! ! !

Last night as SWMBO and I were sitting on the patio the sky was growing oppressive.


Huge masses of roiling dark clouds were tinted red in spots by the setting sun.


As the day lengthened, the clouds grew darker and more ominous.


Shortly after taking the picture below we spotted several lightning bolts in the sky.


We decided discretion was the better part of valor and headed inside as the wind began to rise.

Moments later the skies opened and a huge thunderstorm with thunder and lightning was upon us.

This morning Judy checked the rain gauge and found an inch and a half in it.

Today is my friend Phil's 77th birthday and I emailed him a greeting and thanked him for the rain.

He wrote back, saying "I haven't lost my touch on controlling the Gods."

8 comments:

  1. Ooo, if you got a good storm, likely we will as well. Thanks for sending along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate thunder storms unless they are off in the distance and you can watch the lightning and not hear the rumbles overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clouds are so stunning. Sound of rain, thunder and lightning are among my favorite sounds, and love the scent of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had more than our share lately. I actually like the rain and thunder, as long as the wind isn't bad. I don't like the fact that a heavy downpour can knock out my satellite internet for a couple hours, and TV, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those first two frames depict an orange tinge in one of the clouds. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the same thing going on down here Monday night however, where I am in central Phoenix, we got more wind than rain. In fact, for a few minutes, I worried that the window in my office would blow in. Last night, no storm but this morning I noticed it have been raining in the early hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Glad the rain has come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very dramatic!

    Where I was on Saturday evening got hit by a violent but short lived storm. I ducked into a pizza shop to wait it out just as it was starting.

    ReplyDelete