Saturday, July 20, 2019

THE MIGHTY FISHER(WO)MAN

I have written here on occasion about my friend, Diane, who I've known for nearly a half century.

She is 87 now and still a bundle of fire.

Like the Timex watch she just keeps ticking.

In a short time she's leaving with a friend for a river cruise.

In RUSSIA!

But the subject of this post is fishing.

Yes, I said "fishing".

For some odd reason, Diane has had a lifelong affection for fishing and she went out with one of her daughters yesterday at a tiny lake in Northern Arizona.

And here she is showing off what they caught.



Five exquisite Rainbow Trout, a couple of them 15 inches long!

Not bad for an afternoon sitting on the side of a lake in Arizona.

She said the big ones were the largest she's hooked since her kids were three years old.

And that is a long time ago.

So KOKO, Diane.

(That's text talk for Keep On Keepin' On.)

No word yet on whether she'll be dipping a rod off that cruise boat in Russia.

12 comments:

  1. Very impressed! I also like her shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What whole name of lake? Or should I say hole name? Would she have to kill you if you told anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lake Mary, Phil, south of Flagstaff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great haul! AND what a terrific meal they would make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking some sturgeon fishing is in her future! (That's the only fish I can think of that is regularly identified with Russia.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's impressive! I've never caught a trout. Wondering what she used for bait. Lure? Rubber worm? Real worm? Cricket? All I know about trout fishing is what I've seen on TV or read about, and I associate it with fly-fishing, which seems like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice brace o' 'bows, and the makings of a fine breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good on her!! Wishing her good travels

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pretty impressive! I might not be a fisherman but, I can see me out somewhere with my camera at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for her, though I've always found the appeal of fishing to be baffling.

    ReplyDelete