Monday, December 16, 2019

PUTTING ON THE POUNDS

I'm not sure why "the holidays" compels the home baker to produce items that are guaranteed to show up on the scale.

Some of it is baking for friends and neighbors.

But a lot of it is just consumed at home.

It may be the influence of television shows and commercials and magazines and newspapers with their sugarplum fairy habit of showing cookies and cakes and candies that you, too, can make.

At any rate I'm no exception to the rule and the immediate result is this Lemony Turmeric Tea Cake that came first from the New York Times and second out of my oven.



It was very tasty even though I am paying for it in increasing poundage.

12 comments:

  1. So it's a Lemony Turmeric POUND Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I'd that in large amounts! No recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, you can just Google it. The recipe is from Alison Roman in the Times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took your advice and looked up the recipe. I love the statement, "Just slicing into it makes a bad day better...." Sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this recipe - will not be putting the slices on the top as they were difficult to cut and tore apart the bread BUT the taste is wonderful! I'll make it many times more without the slices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I printed that one but haven't tried it yet. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sillygirl, you have to cut the lemon slices very thin and then slice the finished cake with a serrated knife but I had a little trouble with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes extra poundage is worth it -- like during the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does look yummy.

    ReplyDelete