Friday, December 20, 2019

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

SWMBO and I went grocery shopping yesterday.

Trader Joe's was a madhouse.

Costco was a madhouse.

Fry's was a madhouse.

Somehow, amazingly, our marriage of 48+ years  survived.

I might add that two old geezers struck up uninvited conversations with the lovely lady I live with.

And that's only the two I caught!

But the larder is stocked once again and the holidays are staring us in the face.

So what better time than right now for turning the key and opening the door on the humor vault.

All in the spirit of the season.

















Whew!

Do you think the holidays can survive all that?

Seems like Frosty got the worst of the deal though.

Well at any rate, you rascals had better rendezvous recklessly with the rhythms of the season rocking radically away while you enjoy a rapprochement with the romance of your life, keeping an eye out for Rudolf, that red-nosed reindeer.

Have a great weekend!

And always remember to keep laughing.

Here, kitty-kitty . . .

(uh-oh)


10 comments:

  1. The optomotrist is my favorite. Did you remember to roll your "R"s? Thank you for another end of week cheer up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! These were all great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ones! They reflect my holiday cheer quite well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've outdone yourself! These were all hilarious and I had never seen any of them before. What a treat. Yes, I have been to Costco (20 minutes circling the corral for a parking spot) and T.J.'s (lined up into the aisles to cash out) and if feels like people must be stocking up for the Apocalypse or the shelves have been picked to death by crows. Definitely feeling the crush of too many people having moved into town. Good for business! Bad for traffic! Happy Holidaze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be fair though, Frosty is an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm embarrassed for the nutcracker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I feel sorry for poor Frosty, and for the under-dressed nutcracker. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Assuming that fir tree costume is a real picture, that guy (or girl?) did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've ever seen such a long assortment of holiday jokes. Great job putting this together. I think my favorite is the nutcracker one but the "wear fur on the subway" was pretty good too. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I do have to say humbug every time.

    ReplyDelete