Saturday, January 4, 2020

OSSO BUCO

I finished the leftover Osso Buco from our New Year's Day meal for dinner last night.

Incidentally Google Translate tells me that Osso Buco translates simply to Braised Veal.

Although this . . .


. . . looks like ours, this is simply a stock picture from the Internet.

And I didn't have mine on polenta.

But the reason for this blog post is to clear up some apparent misconceptions among my commenters.

Our Osso Buco came pre-cooked and frozen, in a package from Costco.

It only took about 20 minutes in a hot oven to heat it up.

I apologize if I unintentionally misled you Gentle Readers about the cooking abilities in my house.

And, though it sounds like a tv dinner now, I will add that whoever prepared this did a heckuva job.

It was delicious, even more so the second time around.

If you want to make it from scratch there are many recipes on the Internet.

Or you can cheat a little like we did and find it in the frozen foods section of your supermarket.

10 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that the cooking abilities at your house are way above par!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Thanksgiving my youngest and I were in San Francisco, and found the only decent restaurant that was open. She had their turkey dinner, I had the Osso Buco. First time I've had it, it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce, If the truth be known, I think there are many little restaurants, diners, bars and grills who use Kirkland (Costco) brand prepared food items. It is a high quality product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like food that is even better the next day...like Lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dinner tonight came pre-cooked, and frozen, in a package from Walmart. It only took 5 minutes in a microwave. It was NOT as photogenic as your original Osso Buco.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a smart move to me, probably because we do things like that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Bone with a hole" to be literal, which you know I am.

    Can't abide veal, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's the first I've heard of it.

    ReplyDelete