Wednesday, April 1, 2020

GENTLE BUT BUSY APRIL

April is finally here.

It's my lucky month, the fourth of the year.

I was born on 4-24-1940.

Judy and I have another wedding anniversary on April 7th.

Cynthia Nixon, the actress and political activist and daughter of my old Mexico days friend Walter, marks another year on the 9th.

The BRD has another birthday on April 11th.

My son, Troy, celebrates another trip around the sun on the 15th.

A former colleague, Ramblin' Ron does the same thing on the 16th.

A fellow blogger and former colleague, Tom and his lovely Lana, have another anniversary on the 19th.

I share my natal day with Shirley MacLaine and Barbara Streisand, among others.

By the time my big day (and this year it is a big one) comes around, can you imagine I'll be goggle-eyed?


Oh and, of course, today is April Fools' Day.

Enjoy it and stay well.

14 comments:

  1. Your April is like my June! It was one birthday cake after another after another . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday month!

    Let's hope that April will be the beginning of the end of the virus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April is certainly your month! I hope you have some interesting plans for the big birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Month-long celebration? You'll be exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a busy month! Happy birthday month and I had no idea you had a personal connection to Cynthia Nixon! Have you ever met her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve, yes, a number of times when she would come down to visit her dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like it is usually party month at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. April is a busy month for you, I am an April baby too. My friends were going to take me out to lunch, and now we are going to have a Zoom celebration instead. Tough times. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! April is definitely a busy month for you. Sounds like a lot of party time... well in that social distancing way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everything this month is good. I'm just glad March is over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The question is whether or not you can have a party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to be an April to remember. I love your banner photo, it reminds me how much I miss the desert.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bruce, happy post-dated birthday and pre-dated anniversary and may all the other celebrations in your April diary be bright and light-hearted. I hope you are keeping well and thriving. Sorry for my absence here, time seems to behave more and more peculiarly. I drew this comic strip and posted it to Facebook a couple of days ago - I wanted to attach it below as a birthday greeting but I don't see a way to attach an image.

    ReplyDelete