Thursday, May 28, 2020

ThrowBack Thursday (kind of)

This look goes back a ways.


I shaved off the sides of my beard and my moustache (mostly) this morning.

When SWMBO finally noticed it she said "Why did you do that?"

My response was "I dunno.  Why did I decide to grow the beard?"

It's been awhile since I haven't had a 'stache though.

When we were getting ready to move back to the States from Mexico in 1991 I shaved everything off.

I was then stunned to see my Dad gazing back at me from the mirror.

And I had a double (or triple) chin so I quickly began growing my facial hair back.

"Vanity, thy name is . . ."

And, I stopped at the library while I was out on a couple of errands (booze run and fast food lunch) and picked up a batch of books for SWMBO, who claimed grumpily to have read everything in the house.

That's the first time I've been into the library in at least a couple of months.

And the first time ever I've been in it wearing a face mask.

So it goes in this new world we live in.

9 comments:

  1. A clean shaven face is better for summer heat and spring pollen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing the mustache may make a return appearance. Looks like you have modified Vandyke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ist da Quaker Pennsylvania Dutch look?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have your hair slicked back. I did mine like that today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband needs a major hair slashing. One barber to other customers, "This guys has more hair than three of you together."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you explained. I knew something was different, but not exactly what.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our library is still closed, and so is Andy's barber. I bought some clippers and gave him a haircut today. It not perfect, but I like it, and he's glad it's a lot shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It grows fast enough, enjoy experimenting with different styles

    ReplyDelete