Wednesday, July 8, 2020

HERE, KITTY . . .

I'll bet I fooled you with that title.

No, it's not Friday yet.

But a kitty did come.

All the way from Scotland!


This original, one-of-a-kind sketch came from one of our own.

The artist is Gwynneth Rixon, known as "gz" here on Oddball where her blog,  "ook?!", is available in my sidebar.

She is a master potter, as well as a sketch artist.

And, lover of cats as I am, when I saw the drawing of a "Cat on Bricks" on her Etsy page I had to have it.


Here's a better look at that rascal in his gold frame.

It was shipped by Royal Air Mail and originally was expected in about 10 days.

But the pandemic has things here in the United States on long holds so it actually took 41 days.

Both Gwynneth and I expressed relief that it had finally arrived.

And I am delighted to have it.

Thanks, gz!

10 comments:

  1. I like it a lot! She is a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part of the blogging world is connecting with artists, poets, writers, photographers all around the world. Look at that wonderful sketch from gz! I love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome..and I am relieved that it has at last arrived!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that cat looked familiar. How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely a cat. And bricks. I like the style. Better late than never with the delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so nice. I like the drawing very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to mention that it reminds me so much of a kitchen tile I bought in Santa Fe two years ago. It's of a cat sitting on a stucco wall. I'll have to post a photo of it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love it! I have a couple of purchases that are being shipped from the states, and God knows when they're going to get here. Dave still hasn't received his birthday present from his parents (his birthday was June 22) and they mailed it back in May!

    ReplyDelete