Monday, July 6, 2020

SHE WRITES AGAIN

I had an email from SWMBO today.

(That's how we generally communicate through the day.  We get together for face to face conversations at Happy Hour.)

She related an incident that occurred to her last night and wondered if it might make a blog post.

I said I certainly thought so.

So here she is again, in her own words.



A bit over a week ago, while searching for something completely different, we came across a box of letters and cards we had written to my sister back in the 1970's and 80's.

I have no memory of her passing them on to me so I don't know how I have them and she doesn't.

After randomly selecting and reading a few I decided to put them in chronological order so they made some sense.

They seemed to be a very detailed account of our family history at that time, much of which we have forgotten.

So off and on for more than a week I have been making little files for each year's letters and refraining from reading most of them until I could do it in the right order.

Last night I finished that organization while sitting up in bed just before "lights out".

As I started to place the box containing the carefully collated letters down on the floor it slid off my lap and crashed, upside down, and slid across the bedroom floor, spewing the contents hither and yon.

As I stared at the debris I thought "It's not that I don't have the time to re-do the project . . . but will I?"

When I heard the story today I had only one comment: "That's curious. I didn't hear a single $*@$!!&* or !$#@^&*%#!"

13 comments:

  1. Are you certain the elderly gentleman you sleep with wasn't involved in the disaster, in some way shape or form?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time doesn't always equal desire or energy. It was sounding like a pretty worthy project until the s*** hit the fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! Poor thing! Now if she was/is an OCD Virgo, there would be no question about it getting done. Again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be like composing a great email to someone and then hitting the wrong key and erasing the whole thing. For a minute you just sit there in disbelief...and then you have to decide whether to start over, or just forget the whole thing. Glad that's never happened to me or you, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cursing would be okay. She is so lucky to have found those letters! Maybe she was supposed to read them more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not usually an F-bomb user, but lately I've found myself using it more & more often. And I would CERTAINLY have done so if that had happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I think you would have heard a few expletives if it had been me. That beside, how nice to have all those memories in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, a great cliff hanger. Will she, did she?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, if that had happened to me I think you would have heard my expletives all the way from the north coast of California. Hope you get them sorted again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, ugh. I would have been cursing up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have been inclined to curse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like something I would do. But then I would swear a bit. Then I'd give up on chronology and go for randomness.

    ReplyDelete