Monday, November 23, 2020

MEANDERING MONDAY

 Yes, it's Monday, once again.

I don't know why that seems to appear to me as a Blue Monday because I've been retired for y-e-a-r-s.

One day is pretty much just like the next to me, especially since we're holed up with the Corona virus raging all around us.

So we stay isolated and take the necessary precautions.




It's not so bad.

I went out to fill the birdbath a little while ago and though the temperature is only in the low 60's the sunshine felt warm and pleasant so I sat in a chair at the edge of the patio and practiced a little meditation and deep breathing.

With my eyes mostly closed and concentrating on slowing down my thoughts I began to hear the sounds around me - a dog yipping next door, an airplane droning overhead, a car going by, and mostly the sweet sound of silence.

Oh yeah, I meant to apologize for my subtle complaint about the temperature only being in the low 60's.

I know some of you who live in colder climes will find that offensive.

But just to rub it in a little more I will note that I was not wearing socks and was attired only in blue jeans and a t-shirt.

Yesterday I went to our local Panda Express and brought home some Orange Chicken, Fried Rice, Cream Cheese Rangoons for me and a Chicken egg roll for Judy.

We hadn't had that type of food for a long time and it tasted good.

Later, after a couple of naps, we watched some episodes of "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix.

We're both enjoying it and Judy told me this morning that she had just seen an article on the Web about the surge in sales of chess sets since the program began airing!

I recall playing chess myself many years ago but never got into it enough to play other than a defensive game.

Guess I just don't have the attack gene.

Well, that's what my life has been like lately.

What's going on in yours?

11 comments:

  1. Great walking weather. It has me out, at least walking from one park bench to the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the Queen's Gambit very much. Am wrapping up The Crown currently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been watching The Queen's Gambit also. Good show, really celebrates a woman's overcoming the sexual discrimination, and wiping out the chess community with her skills!! John has about 15 sets he collected 2 decades ago. One was out on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judge Judy, Food Network Holiday competitions, needlepoint, and enjoying the quiet brought to the area due to a curfew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to watch that series! Everyone has loved it. I know I would be terrible at chess and still have a couple of my late husband's sets around if my girls want to play it again. He taught them, but I was incorrigible. :) I am jealous of your temps and sunshine. It's not so cold here, although the gray skies can be oppressive. "Queen of Katwe" is an excellent movie which also involves chess. (if you have Prime or Disney +)The wife of one of my older daughter's professors at Columbia was its director.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a different route then colleagues were playing chess in our few 'free' hours, I started bridge. Have a good thanksgiving, Bruce and Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband saw the show, and rook one set of his collection out.

    I am so busy that I cannot describe it. Not really, but it is a memory now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not doing much here, and I'm loving it. 😛

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shirt sleeves. No shoes. Sun. What am I doing? Turns out I am envying you.

    ReplyDelete