Sunday, December 27, 2020

LOOKING BACK

 So how was your Yuletide?

Ours went pretty well.




Well, other than my putting a just barely opened bottle of Prosecco into the refrigerator with that red wine bottle stopper plugged into it.

On it's side.

On top of a crate of eggs.

And it blew up.

And SWMBO opened the door to the fridge and most of the bottle of Prosecco shot out onto the kitchen floor.

Well, all except the quantity that had dripped down into the crate of eggs.

And onto the trays below.

And into the trays in the door.

But the inch or less left in the bottle still tasted good.

It helped to wash down the ashes in my mouth.

Now you're not going to believe this.

SWMBO actually suggested we get another bottle for New Year's Eve!

I have a feeling though that she'll insist on opening it and pouring it and corking it and setting it upright in an ice bucket we've got around here somewhere.

Women!

They've always got a better idea.

Right, guys?

15 comments:

  1. I thought it was a BB gun you had to be carefull with not to put your eye out on Christmas Day not exploding wine corks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God there was still some left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the fact that is a funny story. Not at the time though. You remind me that the heat went out at my house on Dec. 23 at night, poor timing, the heating place is closed until tomorrow. We did have a great Christmas using a portable oil heater and a fire in the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 😀 That sounds like something we would do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See this is the issue if you put it away. just finish it and there are no issues!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Ashes in my mouth" Are you smoking again? Am I going to have to drive up there and box your ears?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband went to open a bottle that was VERY active and the cork blew out and wine sprayed all over the ceiling, the window, and the counter - very little left to taste. The marks are still there on the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure those last drops were delicious. Yes, get another bottle. Women always have a better idea. Remember this for next time. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! Is there such a thing as "champagne scrambled eggs"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buying another bottle to replace the empty one is a very good idea. Even if you hadn't sworn to obey her, I imagine you'd have come up with that idea on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesson learned. Never put a half empty bottle of Prosecco in the fridge. Drink it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a mess! I'm not sure what Prosecco is--like champagne? I may buy some beer and have a couple on NYE. We'll see. I've given up all carbonated beverages since they don't agree with me anymore, but I'm thinking about making an exception for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phil Perisich: I think this is the first year in many that I haven't watched that movie.

    joeh: Oh, there was another bottle! Not Prosecco but Pinot Noir.

    Terra: Why do disasters always happen on holidays or late Friday nights?

    CheerfulMonk: I find that hard to believe but . . .

    Margaret (Peggy or Peg Too): That's a damned good point!

    Ball Points: No smoking here. That's an old expression for "I am shamed".

    sillygirl: A mark of distinction.

    robin andrea: How true it is!

    Steve Reed: I Googled tonight and there are TONS of recipes that include champagne and eggs!

    Debby: Have you been lurking in our house?

    Unknown: Correct, as noted above.

    Sharon: Amazingly, we laughed our way through it. Well, I did.

    RedPat: Indeed.

    Margaret: Yes, Prosecco is champagne for those of us who can't afford champagne. Holidays are made for exceptions.

    ReplyDelete