Wednesday, February 17, 2021

WAY BACK WEDNESDAY

 Comical Carol, from down in Phoenix, was prompted by my posting an old-timey photo of myself last week, to send me some old pictures from *her* collection.

These are probably from the 1970's and when you notice how much cigarette smoking was going on you might be amazed (as I am) that we are all still alive!


That is Comical Carol herself, though this lovely portrait *doesn't* have her wacky sense of humor on display.


Then there's the famous She Who Must Be Obeyed, exhulting over some weird board game we were playing.


Baseball Steve, in a rare quiet moment *not* in the middle of one of his convoluted stories.


And finally, your sappy scribe.

On viewing these windows into the past I couldn't help but think of an old Bob Dylan song: Everybody Must Get Stoned.

11 comments:

  1. This needs an "R" rating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great old photos. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The board game looks like Laberinth where you maneuver a steel ball through a maze of holes...I used to be an expert...I also did not have much of a life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I delight in these compassionate portraits. By 1970, I had switched to pipe-smoking --had never felt suave enough to compete with cigarette smokers. And Norma insisted I smoke my pipe in the great outdoors. These provisos persist after more than 1/2 century. Good thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never smoked, but many of my college friends did. Most of them are still alive too. Perhaps they didn't inhale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like everyone smoked in those days. It's fun looking back and remembering the way we were.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that era....well parts of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! Smoking definitely was the thing back then. My dad used to smoke like a chimney.

    ReplyDelete