Monday, April 12, 2021

FLORALS

 SWMBO and I celebrated our Golden Wedding Anniversary recently and I did gift her with some flowers for our quiet marking of the day.




But my spring bouquet with her favorite carnations was outdone by a surprise delivery of another bouquet from her daughter, the BRD.



They weren't blooming upon delivery but since then two huge, beautiful lilies have burst forth and there appear to be a couple more on the way.

The beauty of some flowers just seems to defy the laws of nature, don't you think?

11 comments:

  1. Nice to get any flowers! Always perks up the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all gorgeous, yours and your daughters. my favorite color for flowers is yellow. they make me feel happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. And lilies smell so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bouquets to celebrate the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always enjoy photos of beautiful blooms.
    As for your question, it seems they are the law of nature. Someplace in the nature matrix is an appreciation for beauty and color and artistry. If as some believe everything is random, why is there such exquisite beauty, beyond the need for survival and why is there such an appreciation on the part of we bipeds who recognize it as beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a Stargazer, my favorite. I have a bunch in my front flowerbed and named my blog after them. They are very fragrant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu need to talk to BRD. Upstaging Pops is a no no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One can never have too many floral bouquets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I like those lilies too.

    ReplyDelete