Sunday, June 27, 2021

A NEW SCOTT

 We had a visit recently from Judy's firstborn, Scott, from Indiana.

We often say that he looks different each time we see him and this year was certainly no different.


Not only has his hair and beard gone snow white but three braids or "pom-poms" hung down from his face.

Though I teased him, calling him "the Rabbi", he said he's received many compliments from ladies about them.

He said his beard is bristly and irritates his neck so he braided it to keep it away until it gets longer.

It was a new idea to me but lo and behold just a few days later I encountered an elderly man in a grocery store who also had a snow white beard with a braided ball of hair hanging from his chin.

At any rate, here's the matriarch with two of her tribe of three.



13 comments:

  1. Far be it from me to cast aspersions on someone's fashion choices, but.....NO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking this will not be your new look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that before. I've seen many Hasidic Jewish men with long curls at the side of their faces called Payot (sidelocks). But this is definitely a new look. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen that style in person and if I do, I would do a double take.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a great look but to each his own. He may not like my hair style. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great pictures. So good to see Scott, it's been a few years. What a master he is. And the picture of mom and the kids is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handsome family! I like the braided beard, but I admit I'm no fashion maven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vikings apparently had beards braided and fastened with beard rings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not my style, but who am I to talk. I do what's comfortable for me and don't look in the mirror. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never seen that before, but I'll be on the look out for it. Wonderful to see that photo of the family; they look like siblings and not mother and children.

    ReplyDelete