Saturday, July 17, 2021

AFTER THE DELUGE

 We finally got a fairly heavy rain here last night.

We were watching "The Queen" on Netflix and sometimes the crashing thunder echoed the drama on our t.v. screen.

We had opened the windows and when the movie was over and I came into my room to check my email, I found water all over my desk and keyboard.

As I was swabbing it all off Judy asked me if the keyboard was ruined.

I said "No, it was dirty and needed a washing!"

At any rate, after I got the water shaken and mopped off, it worked just fine and still is this morning.

I once had a friend who said when your keyboard gets dirty you can just run it through the dish washer.

I have yet to try that.

I just heard some squawking coming from the backyard and when I glanced up I saw this noisy guy on our birdbath.




Judging by his conduct and the amount of fluffy gray feathers I think he's a fledgling Mountain Jay.

But as has been noted by SWMBO and commenters here before, the Jays seem to know that birdbaths that match their coloration are safe harbors for them.

A couple of doves apparently have a nest under the eaves of an empty neighboring house.

They've been flying back and forth from it repeatedly this morning.

And as I was opening the blinds in the front room I saw a couple of finches playing tag out front.

It seems the birds appreciate the rainfall and cooler temperatures as much as we do.

11 comments:

  1. It is perfectly safe to run your keyboard through the dishwasher. I tried it and I am still fine...the keyboard doesn't work, but i am fine...and the keyboard is clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does match your bird bath. Keyboards are waterproof? Whhatttt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all is okay there after the deluge. That bird does look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a sweetie! Glad the keyboard was okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blue! No ray here. Lots of sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay rain! I wouldn't advise the dishwasher method of keyboard cleaning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to imagine not being sick and tired of rain myself.

    Glad you got some though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you got some rain up there. We got some too but probably not as much. It's windy this morning.
    That bird certainly does match the birdbath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

  10. GET RICH WITH BLANK ATM CARD.Have you guys heard of blank ATM cards which

    can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world? I was very poor

    and have no job. I try getting a loan but it didn't work because of my bad

    credit score. I saw so many testimonies on how they got the blank ATM card

    and use it to withdraw cash in any ATM machine and become rich. I emailed

    them also and they sent me the ATM card. I have used it to get 90,000

    dollars already within 5 days.This ATM card can hack and take money

    directly from any ATM machine vault because its well programmed and runs in

    automatic mode. For more information, kindly contact the card vendor with

    the below info Email:onlineblankatm24@gmail.com Or message us on Whatsapp

    +1-217-310-6945

    ReplyDelete