Saturday, August 21, 2021

FOUR


 

I wrote on this blog recently that I was not a superstitious person.

And yet.

I have always believed that 4 is my lucky number.

That idea originated when I became old enough to take note of the day I was born.

April 24, 1940.

Or, 4-24-40.

Lots of fours in there.

Today, when I looked at my daily calendar, I found that this is the fourth anniversary of the "installation" of my fourth Pacemaker.

Hmmmm.

Should I buy a lottery ticket?

'Course then I noticed today's date.

August 21, 2021.

Or, 8-21-21.

Now I'm really confused.


9 comments:

  1. Higher math. Not my thing. Can't help ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy a ticket! You may be lucky and what would you do with all the money?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a number is just a number. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruce-it's a lucky day for you...do the math 8-21-21
    8 divided by 2=4. *
    2(1) plus 2(1 )= 4

    *the date 8-21-21 is divided thusly 8 divided by 2 and 8 divided by 2 (those are the 2's from he 21's) you can't divide 8 by 1, so you add the left over 1's which equals 2 so you have 8 divided by 2 again...everytime you divide 8 by 2 you get 4.
    so Yes, this is your lucky day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're confused because it all means NOTHING! It's just our brains trying to find patterns. (But sure, buy a ticket, what the heck!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4th pacemaker? Do they wear out? My mom is still on her first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or 82121 adds to 14 and 4 divided by 1 is 4.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you bought a ticket! Though 4 has been my UNlucky number...

    ReplyDelete