Tuesday, October 12, 2021

AUTUMN COOKING

 My wife's daughter, the legendary BRD, has often proven a thesis of mine, that skills are inherited.

The artistic gene has come down through the generations.

And there's strong indications that the craft of cookery is also evident in the blood line.

This recipe may go back to her grandfather and probably beyond as he migrated to Indiana from his ancestral Virginia.

And you know what they say about the South.

Good cookin'.

So it came as no surprise when the BRD sent over a photo yesterday of her latest kitchen creation.




Spoon Corn Pudding


On this chill morning when the temperature is hovering in the 30's, "it looks good enough to eat right now!"

And as you can see, the chef has dipped a spoon into one corner to make sure it's as luscious as it looks.

But wait!

Just after I posted the above I got another email from Her Nibs, which said: "Since the oven was hot I threw this together"!




(Catalyst is moaning, "awwww, man".)

12 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the spoon corn pudding. Since I don't like cherries, I'm not tempted by the pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry pie is my FAVORITE. The corn pudding looks pretty amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look so delicious. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can she share the recipe for spoon corn pudding?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherry oie would be high on my list of favorites. You may be right about inherited genes, lots of smart ones in my family, unfortunately the ones I inherited were Levi's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious. I bet I'd like that corn pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good day Readers and bloggers, I am so Delighted sharing this great testimony on how i was in search for a solution on the internet then miraculously i came Across HERBALIST RAZOR the powerful African herbalist that Cure Numerous individuals Herpes Simplex Virus, so I contacted him due to the testimonies I'm seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him act today through his email he can help you email ; herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com and so he can cure types of diseases like,HEPATITIS B,DIABETICS,CANCER,HPV,LOW SPERM CAM HIV/STD FIBROSIS LOST OF WEIGHT .. all thank to you HERBALIST RAZOR for your kind help in my life his whatsapp number +2349065420442
    Herbalist Razor Facebook PAGE : https://www.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure/
    Visit his website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

    ReplyDelete