Wednesday, October 20, 2021

LONG-TIME FRIENDS

 I received a photo in my email yesterday.

It was taken in Paso Robles, California, at a winery introducing a new "bubbly", as my correspondent noted.

The handsome couple enjoying a taste of the new bottling are friends of some 52 years.

I first met them (as newlyweds) in 1969 in Indianapolis when Tom joined me in the newsroom at WIBC Radio.

Lana, at the time, was teaching school.

Now, Tom is the proprietor of the blog Light Breezes and Lana is an accomplished artist, master gardener and ace bread baker from their retirement home on the coast of California.

Though Tom and Lana remained in Indy until retirement beckoned them while Judy and I moved far away to Arizona and multiple other ports over the years, our two couples have managed to maintain our friendship.

It bothers me a bit to say we're "old" friends (though I suppose we all are now) so I'll stick with the words I used to title this post, "long-time friends."


As we say, Salud!  And as Tom says, Slainte!

7 comments:

  1. Wonder what Tom jump shot looks like today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes old buddy, a long time and great friendship. You and Judy inspired us and look where we are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good that you have kept in touch for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo of long-time friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are quite photogenic! You all must have met when you were toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day Readers and bloggers, I am so Delighted sharing this great testimony on how i was in search for a solution on the internet then miraculously i came Across HERBALIST RAZOR the powerful African herbalist that Cure Numerous individuals Herpes Simplex Virus, so I contacted him due to the testimonies I'm seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him act today through his email he can help you email ; herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com and so he can cure types of diseases like,HEPATITIS B,DIABETICS,CANCER,HPV,LOW SPERM CAM HIV/STD FIBROSIS LOST OF WEIGHT .. all thank to you HERBALIST RAZOR for your kind help in my life his whatsapp number +2349065420442
    Herbalist Razor Facebook PAGE : https://www.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure/
    Visit his website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

    ReplyDelete